Sunday, December 7, 2008

christmas season underway and buried deep in it...

I love this time of year but due to finances and working overnights it has put a kink in my Christmas plans. MAybe if I lay it all out it will seem not so overwhelming. Fisrt I am making 3 dresses for one of my cashier, the baby was born 3 months early(I haven't made a dress that small for awhile) plus after the baby was born my cashier was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Every year I make a dress(or dresses) for someone else because I like to and it is my way of giving. Next I have my three girls dresses to sew.(i have the material, I just need to do it). I need to make my snowmen gifts(I'll explain later) and my Christmas plaques and my teacher presents. I am also helping/spear heading the Christmas angel tree at the kids school. With only 1 1/2 weeks left we still haven't got the items on the tree yet, hoping on Mon. Next I have my basement-emptying it to the carport so we can put carpet, and then we are in the process of finishing Megs room-yeah!! so we can move her in before we clear the basement. Next is the best project which we have had ready for a couple of weeks. The twelve days before CHristmas--We have to make a few things. I will document the 12 days, when I get a second. Plus I am making a project, a christmas card documenting the past 15 years as a family at Christmas, I am excited about that one. Next I am still in need to build by wall piece to hang my 24 days(okay now it is less, but the kids have been taking the gifts out of the basket)plus a couple of other projects. It just seems that there is not enough time before this great day approaches. Well, here I go, I work all night then I am off until thurs night. So I will just plow in between school programs, church programs, school fieldtrips, and church activities..Say a pray, cross your fingers and don't hold your breathe for me because hopefully I will make dent, because there is always another week after this...

2 comments:

Hf said...

so true, you know what if it doesn't get done, then oh well. nothing is do or die! Good luck! Can't wait to see the 15 christmas's and if you have any pictures from the 1st Christmas with Ed, could you send it my way please!

Becky Jensen said...

hey, i forgot the name of the website you were telling me about with the parties. could you leave me a message with it? thanks