Friday, August 29, 2008

Words instead of pictures..

So yesterday I sitting with my youngest who just started 1 grade and helping him with his homework, when I had a wow! mom moment. I watched him so intendly doing his homework. He is perfectionist. He concentrates really hard. He is also left handed. I sat next to him in my bed, I could smell the scent only he has, I watched his face intendly and realized that my love for him is so deep, as with all my children, but at that moment I let it take over all my senses. He is my baby, as my other kids remind me he will always be my baby. I realized he keeps taking big steps, but for now I am next to him because he still needs me. My older son had to write an essay on who was his hero, and he picked me. His essay was very simple, but to the point. I love my children so much. Each of them are so different. When I got home from a long night at Wal-mart I told D. about this intense emotion and I asked him if I was crazy or if it was because he is my baby- of course he said it is because he is your baby and will always be your baby. I read the other day about sometimes we take to many pictures of events, instead of absorbing the smells, feelings and emotions related to a certain event. So I stopped and absorbed those moments. No, I didn't get any pictures, but there are pictures in my mind and the words to describe that moment would be-love, concentration, perfection, fresh, my baby-

1 comment:

Hf said...

does ak have a google account? You are logged in as her and posting under her name instead of your own. Yep gotta love the little moments :)